2014 will be a crucial year for Europe. The European Union will not survive the current or future crises unless it completes its integration process and regains the trust of its citizens. In May, with the European elections, the European people can choose which direction Europe should take.
The Union of European Federalists and the Young European Federalists urge the European parties and candidates in the European elections to help citizens making the right choice by showing support to the following principles:
MAKE THIS ELECTION TRULY EUROPEAN
- I will campaign on European issues, promoting European interests againstpopulist appeals to national egoism and fighting the illusions of national solutions to European issues;
- I will insist that the next President of the European Commission is selected among the candidates nominated by the European political parties during the election campaign;
STRENGTHEN THE EURO AND RESTORE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMY
- I will support the completion of the European Monetary Union with a full economic and fiscal union for the Eurozone, including a Eurozone budget, European solidarity mechanisms and own resources for a European plan for economic recovery;
BUILD A DEMOCRATIC UNION
- I will call for a Constitutional Convention to reform the Treaties to provide afederal system of governance for the European Union or at least the Eurozone;
- I will demand that the European Commission becomes a genuine European Government and the European Parliament is given the same powers as therepresentatives of the member states in the decision-making process on all matters;
STRENGTHEN EUROPE’S ROLE IN THE WORLD
- I will work for a truly European Foreign, Security and Defence Policy, so thatEurope can speak with a single voice to defend peace and stability and promote European interests and values in the world.
Name (in capital): _______________________
Political party: __________________________
Firmatari del "federalist pledge" che sono stati eletti al Parlamento Europeo.